HEALTH & SAFETY
Irving Equipment is committed to running its operations at the highest safety levels. Our safety management system, which consists of numerous programs and tools, is best in class. Through consistent effort and hard work, we have embedded safety as a core value in all areas of our organization. Our goal is to be accident free, and you can have absolute confidence that we'll make safety a top priority on your project site.
Some of our key programs and tools to promote safety are:
- CraneCAD lift planning software
- Safety training in-house and through provincial Construction Safety
- Formal on-the-job training
- Job safety analysis
- Field-level risk assessments
- Daily and weekly safety talks
- Formal site inspections
- Supervisory safety training
- Formal incident/accident reporting, analysis, and review
- Formal drug and alcohol policy
- Modified duties/return to work program
- Safety incentive program
- Joint occupational health and safety committee
- NB Construction Safety Association
- Construction Safety Nova Scotia
Validating our efforts, several third-party safety organizations have endorsed the Irving Equipment safety management system.
In 2008, the New Brunswick Construction Safety Association evaluated our system and awarded us a Certificate of Recognition. Similarly, since 2002, the Nova Scotia Construction Safety Association has consistently awarded us its Certificate of Recognition.
Irving Equipment has also successfully completed the Safety Achievement Financial Incentive System (SAFIS) audit program through WorkSafeNB, which awarded us a rebate on our compensation payments for improvements to our safety program.
We are proud that learning and expertise from our company has contributed to the development of leading industry standards such as the Canadian Standards Association's Standard Z150-04, Safety Code on Mobile Cranes.
Through training, monitoring and ongoing improvement, we continue to strengthen our safety practices and better protect the health and welfare of our workers and the public.